12 ounces of fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
2 Tablespoons water
1. Reserve ½ cup of cranberries and place the rest into a saucepan.
2. Add the sugar, dried orange peel and water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 – 12 minutes.
3. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about another 12 – 15 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries.
5. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.