4 cups sweet potato, cubed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup packed smoked brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
4. Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
5. In medium bowl, mix the brown sugars and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans.
6. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.